[AT-L] RE: Snakes, et.al.

>I read a story (fiction, I think) about a cowboy sleeping on the range who
>awoke to see the tail of a huge rattlesnake sticking out of the top of his
>blanket.  He didn't dare startle the snake, so he laid there quietly until
>the sun made the bedding so hot that the snake couldn't stand it and crawled
>out.
Maybe you read fiction, but it does happen.  It happened to my father
in Nevada, circa 1925-30.  Snake crawled into sleeping bag.  He slipped
out carefully and dumped bag out.  No problem.

In those days he normally wore almost knee high boots to protect against
snakes. When I tried them on as a kid they were crotch high.