Sticky, Icky Kraft Dinner

I understand that Kraft Dinner is one of the staples of many thru-hiker's
diets. Maybe I could get some advice on how to cook it properly in the
backcouintry.

I thought that the easiest thing in the world to take was that Kraft Dinner
stuff. However, when I made it on the last trip it was horrible. The noodles
were sticky and mushy. No one would eat it.  It looked like a big sticky
overcooked mess.

I have a Whisperlite and a 1.5 litre cookpot with lid to make it in. I was
hoping I would need a bigger pot for just the two of us.

Can anyone give exact instructions (cooking times, water amounts, rinse/no
rinse) for this dish?

Thanks!

Stormy