Re: [AT-L] Snakes on the AT

Wingfoot,

I have only hiked from Springer Mt. to Grayson Highlands VA, but where I saw
the most snakes has been just south of Erwin.  I don't think any were
poisonous.  Did have a Black Snake on the trail just before Erwin where you
have a cliff straight up on your left and it's straight down on your right.
 He wasn't about to budge and was coiled up.  I got by okay, but we was
really irritated after my husband walked over him too.  Guess that's just a
snaky area!

IL Fltlndr