Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Dogs on AT

ARTCLOUTMN@aol.com writes:

> >Baxter State Park is the big problem for trail dogs.  Official policy
> >prohibits dogs from entering the park.  Anyone know if the guide
> >dog of the blind thru-hiker was granted entry into BSP (I guess I
> >really should read the book)?
>
> >jim
> >jloudon@juno.com
>
> According to his book "Blind Courage",  Bill Irwin was able to bring his Dog
> Guide, Orient, into Baxter State Park in order to make is ascent of Katahdin.
>
>         Art Cloutman

I may be way off base here, but it was my understanding that guide
dogs were allowed in almost every place that would otherwise not allow
them.

Dick

Richard Hihn			Phone:(518) 584-5000 (x2609)
Department of Music
Skidmore College
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866	Email:rhihn@bart.skidmore.edu

End of network mail