Electronics & Hiking

Hi Dan, and welcome to the group! Glad to have your expertise at hand. As a
14-yr computer professional, I'd like to put in my $.02 on your query. I
believe in the "hike your own hike" credo too, but in my case, I am
enthralled to get away from civilization when I go hiking, and about the
only "modern" device I'll carry is a camera. So far I've only been a day
hiker, but I'm planning to do the trail in '99. And I don't plan to carry a
computer, a cel phone, a radio, or anything else of that nature...I'd like
to get as far away from those trappings as I can for that block of time.
We'll see how it turns out.

Cheers, Sandy
Sandra & David Downs 		<downs@nb.net>
Pittsburgh, PA        	     	Visit Cyberwall! http://www.nb.net/~downs/