Woo Hoo! Gotta love Kelty...

Hi all,

An interesting UPS day at the DeCroix homestead.  On Monday I called
Kelty about repairing/replacing our Windfoil Ultralight tent body.  (On
our last trip, our Golden Ret. loved sleeping in the vestibule so much
that once we got home, while the tent was drying out, he decided to make
a new entrance and take a snooze.)  When I called Kelty, they said is
would be cheaper to just order a new tent body than to try to repair the
old one.  Fine.  So we order a new one.

Apparently they took pity on us and sent another two large boxes.  We
now have 8 backpacks and three sleeping bags!  A fine assortment of
Slickrock, Redcloud, Trekker, Super Tiogas, and Holofil bags.  Woo Hoo!
I guess all the agonizing about which pack to buy is over!  (Anyone
wanna *really good* deal on some gear?  ;)  What a great company; I
didn't even have to give them the 'poor starving grad student' routine,
and they send me all this cool stuff.

Turns out our address is similar to a gear store in Orange, Ca. and
someone in shipping screwed up.  I called Kelty back and explained what
happened, and boy were the customer service folks happy!  (They're
sending UPS back here toot-sweet on Tuesday.)  Imagine my surprise when
I got home from a particularly sucky day!

-Dave  (Now the *ultimate* gear-head :)

Dave DeCroix     Ga->Me '98
decroix@brunt.meas.ncsu.edu
finger for PGP public key

"The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their
energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."  -John Muir