Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Why no dogs in GSMNP?

Hey Michael -

>Sure, you may be a responsible owner and your dog may be extremely well
>trained and disciplined. However, given what I've seen, I'd say you're in an
>extreme minority. Given the number of "responsible" owners I see violating
>the no dogs rule in Shenandoah NP

Sorry, but this is not true. I, too, thought that dogs were not permitted
in backcountry areas of Shenandoah, but I asked the rangers at the check in
station about it, and sure enough, dogs are ok as long as they are leashed.
I think there are only a few trails that dogs are not permitted on (I don't
know them off the top of my head, but I bet they are horse trails).

Happy hiking!

Diana ^(raven)^ : http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven
gothcode2.5 : GoHu6GD$ TmoGl c[P](DBR)s4 PSaSt M3 Z!!Go
C6o a24- b64 H168 g5L w5 r7P h3 s10 k6 Rm SrNn N1292 LusDC
* Lime is a green-tasting rock. *