Re: [AT-L] Thoughts on blisters

Sandy wrote:

Snip:
Ok, we've all had 'em, despite the pre-prep with moleskin, so my question
>is: what's your key to minimizing the pain and frequency of blisters?
Snip

You'll probably get tons of advice on this about ill-fitting boots, getting
custom boots, etc. Sometimes, you just have to hike with what you have and
take every precaution. I bought some excellent Asolo's last fall. I was
fitted by an expert--it took about 1.5 hours to get ones that fit right and
the rep even made in-store adjustments to the insoles,etc. In breaking them
in, I noticed I was getting hot spots on the balls of my feet, right below
the big toe. Never got a blister there before. Now, I put Compede on both
spots before I hike and, voila, no more problems. This stuff sticks to my
feet for 3 to 4 days and I even have trouble getting it off in the shower
when I get back. But it does the trick!

Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com
broknspoke@aol.com