JOURNALS FOR '97

>>On Tue, 27 Aug 1996 rmarkham@VNET.IBM.COM wrote:

>> snob, has offered to equip me with the hardware to put
>> my hike on-line should I desire.  He's basically willing
>> to outfit me with a portable with the possibility of it
>> having satellite upload capabilities.  He will also do
>>
>> I challenged him to outfit me for under
>> 6 lbs and I would sign up to do it.

>Cool, does he know about the beating the hardware will take? (I know
>Waldo has gone through at least one laptop).
>-jeff
Jeff, I made it very clear to him that if I took computer equipment
with me, there was no guarantee on what type of condition it
would be returned in.  I think he has some idea of what is
involved, but not being a backpacker himself, there's no
way to fully appreciate what the AT can do to your gear.

We'll see....I think my 6 lb limit is going to be pretty
hard to fulfill.

Rachel