tortillas

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996 09:48:30 -0500 (CDT), John A. Scott wrote:

>Michelle : Have you ever fixed the Tortillas al fresco?

I haven't made tortillas yet because I found some great fat-free
flour tortillas in the store.  But, being the kitchen gear head that
I am, I have had my eye on a tortilla press from a company called
Mo Hotta Mo Betta.  For those people who really like hot sauces, hot
peppers, etc., this is the company for you.  They are San Luis
Obispo, CA (800) 462-3220.  It is worth the phone call just to get a
catalog.  Its very amusing.  You can probably find a few things to
take on the trail too.  Among other things, they sell some hot &
spicy
peanuts called Coyote Nuts and jalapeno flavored lollipops.

Anyway, back to tortillas.  We did have a problem taking the
tortillas along.  They got crushed and broke in half.  Next time I
was going to try rolling them around something so they will be whole
when we need them.  But maybe I will try making them.

Question for all the trail gourmets out there:

I have thought about taking some quick cornbread mix on the trail.
Can you cook this over a stove without having an outback
oven?
----
 Michele DeCroix              Dept. of Mechanical & Aerospace
Engineering
 Graduate Student             Box 7910
 Mechanical Engineering       North Carolina State University
 (919)515-2365                Raleigh, NC 27695-7910
 mrdecroi@eos.ncsu.edu
http://www.ncsu.edu
----