Re: [AT-L] Penn line to Harpers

Cindy -

I've hiked that section at least 5 times at different times of
the year and never had a problem finding water - just pay
attention to where the water sources are located.  The trail
is mostly on the ridge and there are some relatively long
sections with no water source.

If you're at a shelter or campsite, there shouldn't be any
problem with fires - it 's been a fairly wet year in this area.
(We live in Maryland).

I doubt that you'll see a bear in that part of Maryland.  With
the exception of other people, the most dangerous animal
you're likely to meet on the AT in Maryland is the shelter mice.
Hang your food.

Walk softly - and have a good weekend,
Jim