Re: [AT-L] From the corner of Melrose and Vine: Hello!

Adam/Underduck -

The only advice I'd give you is to put on a pack and walk - preferably
up and down some of those decent sized hills.  The conditioning you
get in a gym will help some - but it's not the same as backpacking.
I've watched runners, weight lifters and other athletes "die" when
they put on that 40 - 50 pound pack.  The AT is 2000+ miles of
carrying that pack - and the only "real" training for it is to carry
the pack.  Preferably before you get to Georgia (or Maine).

Walk softly,
Jim