Re: Tents

>Iam sure this is more for rec.backcountry or the like but I just wanted
>to know what kind of tents people took or are taking on their
>thru-hikes.  My wife and I am planning a thru-hike next summer and are
>looking at various tents.  We have kind of settled on the Sierra Designs
>Meteor Light.  At 5lbs. 13ozs. (I think) it seems to offer the most space
>for the least amount of money.  And it has a decent vestibule.  Any
>thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks,
>Jason

I have a Meteor Light and it has always come through for me- past couple of
years exploring Colorado's high country.  The 96 model has several
improvements over previous models, so I would suggest making sure you get a
new model and not some 95 they are trying to unload- one of those
cost/benefit decisions.  Personally, as I'm soloing, I was planning on just
bringing my OR Bivy Sack.  Jason
GA>ME 97
"Do what you dream"
"The meaning of life is that it stops"