Re: [AT-L] Tents

>Free-standing vs. not?  How often have you been on the trail and had to
pitch a tent in a location that would only support a >free-standing tent.

I have SD clip flashlight.  In backpacking NH Whites, many of the tentsites
have woooden platforms.  Using thin nylon line to tie off essential sections
of tent was easy.  Takes a little longer than on the ground.

  I figure one could tie off tent to trees or to rocks if in a difficult area
with nonfreestanding tent.  Besides only four loops need to be tied in Clip
Flashlight to make it stand.

Art Cloutman   GA-ME 2002