Re: [AT-L] Journals

Steven wrote some good stuff:
> I've really enjoyed reading her journals as well as the journals of everyone
> else (Download & Nexmo, and Waldo) who has posted during the summer.
> Unfortunately, due to family obligations, I am unable to go hiking this year
> (sob) so these journals have allowed me to hike vicaroiusly.  I'm gald that
> at least one of the journal posters is going to make it to Mt. K.
>
> I'll have to wait until either I lose my job or I retire before I can
> thru-hike.  I hope some of next year's thru-hikers will also post their
> journals.  It looks to me like Sandy & Allison Smith are prime candidates.
> How about it, Sandy?  With all that weight you've been saving by using only
> the lightest equipment avaliable, you ought to be able to carry a palmtop
> computer and modem!

We have really enjoyed reading the journals from other hikers and
thought about having our own home page for next year. We have been
offered the space and someone to maintain it, but at the moment are
undecided about it. We know we will not be carrying a laptop or anything
like that,( noway Steven, am I going to carry a palmtop and a modem, unless
someone comes up with one made of titanium, that weighs 4 ozs or less,
including all hardware (battery, charger, cell phone , etc)),:). Maybe I
should call Jack Stephenson and see if he has anything in the works.
If we decide to have the home page we would be using snail mail to send
our journals home and then have them posted. Yes we know this isn't
the most hi-tech or most up to date method, but being the weight
shaving freak I am, it is a miracle that I will even be carrying a
pencil and paper. I follow the K.I.S.S. principal ,which usually works
for me.
How about the rest of the Class of '97 ? Are you going to do it ?

Sandy and Alison
"The Smiths"
Ga to Me '97