Re: [AT-L] Penn line to Harpers

  I did the PA to Harper's Ferry stretch many years ago and had a great
time.  I don't recall having any difficulty with water (I was hiking in
July) and there are some great shelters on that section (I think the
Molly Denton(?) condo is along that stretch.  As far as hanging your
food, it's more a precaution against mice than bears--I've hiked the
trail in sections from VT to VA and saw nary a bear.  In fact, the only
bear I've ever seen was out in the Olympics in Washington.  But I expect
when I do the Smokies section I'll run across one or two.

Roy