Re: [AT-L] Vasque Sundowners

>In line with Ellie's question about the life expectancy of a pair of boots,
>has anyone out there had their Sundowners resoled?  I have a few hundred
>miles on mine and was hoping that by having them resoled I wouldn't have to
>buy another pair during my thru hike.  I hate to get another pair now because
>I'm not sure if my feet will be the same size midway thru the hike.  Also, I
>might want to try a different brand of boot.

Marty -

My second pair of boots (Vasque Sundowners) had been resoled
before I started the AT.  I had them sent to Damascus, VA and
then replaced them when I got to Harpers Ferry because the soles
were starting to delaminate after about 500 miles. I wouldn't
want to generalize on this, but personal opinion is that I won't
trust resoled boots for my next long trail.

Walk softly,
Jim