Re: Gathering

Russ and others:

>I am looking for expert advice
>and encouragement for my 2000 GA -> ME thruhike.

I am also planning for a 2000 AT hike.  Anyone else planning for then?

>I want to be a part of the
>first group to do it in the new century!

However, we will be the last group of the twentieth century as opposed to
the first group of the twenty-first century.  And as goofy as this is going
to sound, I'd like to do a southbound hike in 2000 and then a Northbound in
2001.  Thus being in the first and last group as well as getting the the
total experience.