Recent info on river crossings in Maine, please.

Starting this Saturday we are going to be doing Rangley to Monson.  We
have heard reports that some of the river crossings are very hard.  We
know about the ferry service for the Kennebec, but the guide book
lists three other rivers that are "hard" at high water.  I know we can
deal with knee-thigh deep water.  I am less sure about chest deep
water. A report on water levels would be most appreciated.