Re: Titanium Cookware

I believe the aluminum-Alzheimer's link was debunked and
disproved.

I have not heard of any ill effects from using titanium cookware.
>From a metallurgical perspective, I would expect that human uptake of
metal from cookware would be less from titanium cookware than aluminum
cookware due to the higher melting point, increased hardness, etc...
Just pure conjecture from where I sit however....

Also, I wonder about the length of exposure.  How many days a year
does one actually employ their camping cookware?  Certainly not as many
as one might be exposed to lead-based coated ceramic cookware or
exposed to their everyday aluminum home cookware.  So, any negative
effects would have to be tempered with a consideration of the exposure time
and dosage amounts.

I'd feel comfortable using the titanium cookware.

Jerry Curry                              17047 Martel Rd.
Research Associate                       Lenoir City, TN
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN                37772
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
                                         (423)988-8677
jwcurry@utkux.utk.edu

EPA estimates that secondhand smoke is responsible for about
3,000 lung cancer deaths each year among nonsmokers in the U.S.;
of these, the estimate is 800 from exposure to secondhand smoke
at home and 2,200 from exposure in work or social situations. from:
Setting the Record Straight:Secondhand Smoke is A Preventable Health Risk
United States Environmental Protection Agency EPA 402-F-94-005 June 1994