Glass coating

Peter H. Fornof writes:

> >My question is: what do folks do for vision correction on the trail?  I
> >wear glasses (I wore soft contacts years ago), but have noticed
> >that they don't work very well in bad weather.

>I have heard that some put something on their glasses to keep them
>from beading, perhaps a thin film of liquid soap or some such.  I have
>not tried this.  Perhaps someone else can comment further.

I use a substance on my car windows called Rain-X.  After coating the
window, you don't need to use the wipers anymore- the rain just flies
right off.  I don't know if this would work, but I would say it's worth
a try.  Unless there is already some anti-scratch coating on the
glasses, I don't think it can hurt anything.

The 'cat crap' that someone else mentioned might be even better.  It's
specifically meant for anti-fogging, and it's available at campmoor.
Hope this helps...

Matt
'Strider'
holmess@ufrsd.k12.nj.us