RE: achey bones

Loudon, James writes:

> You ought to see the crowd in high season
> (still a few weeks away)...looks like a backpacker's
> convention up there.  DEC used to assign a
> ranger full-time to police the crowd on the summit.
> Dunno if that's still done.

It's still done as of last summer anyway, also on Algonquin, and
maybe others.  They're not rangers but "summit stewards" who answer a
lot of questions and try to keep people off of the tundra.

Too crowded for me, but a must-do for many, I suppose.

Dick

Richard Hihn			Phone:(518) 584-5000 (x2609)
Department of Music
Skidmore College
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866	Email:rhihn@bart.skidmore.edu

End of network mail