re: radio

I've carried my Radio Shack "bottom of the line" SW radio with me while bicycle
and motorcycle touring - and found it very entertaining.  The unit is about
the size of a standard walkman, but receives SW, AM, FM, and FM stereo.
It has speaker, external antenna, and earphone jack.
Technically they aren't comparable with Sony equipment, but at $50 ($40 on
sale) they are much easier to expose to risk than multi100$ stuff - and easier
to find.
It takes a little research to find out where to look for news, but you'd be
surprised what's going on that you don't hear about on American brodcasts!

Chuck
kichline@isd.tandem.com