Re: How long...

>  Now my question is what is the average time to hike
>15-20 miles.

Though everything depends on your physical abilities and conditioning, a
good rule of thumb is 2 miles an hour, adding a 1/2 hour for every 1000' of
elevation gain.  Of course trail conditions will effect this time.  As an
avid weekend hiker, in reasonably good shape, I find this pretty accurate
until I hit the 8-10 mile mark, then I slow down appreciably.  After many
trail miles I'm sure this would increase for a thru hiker.

Tellydude