Re: Waterproof Boots ???

>This brings to mind areas of the trail that are one big mudhole.  It seems
>hikers seem to want to make the trail wider and wider in these spots because
>they don't want to get their boots a little muddy or wet. Isn't it better
>environmentally to just plow on through the gook and keep the trail narrow?
> I realize ocassionally there is no other way but to go around, but I am
>speaking of the times where you do have a choice. It reminds me of the people
>I see running through the rain because they are afraid of the raindrops!!
> What is your opinion on this Jim Owens?  Others?

I agree.  Sure you buy the boots for lots of money, and don't want wet
feet, but tough.  They are going to get wet on this hike sooner or later.
The rain thing, they get just as wet, if not more so from running, but ya
can't tell that to them, they WON'T listen.

Blake Mayerle
block@bastard.org
AT 97'