Re: Health Insurance

>In a message dated 96-05-04 01:28:00 EDT, block@bastard.org (FINAL WORDS)
>writes:
>
>>Am I crazy, Or did I hear about temporary health insurance for when on the
>>trail???  I cannot remember.  I was asked by a friendd who is planning his
>>hike.  Thanks
>>

>You're crazy!
>
>The only temporary insurance that I think they could be talking about is
>COBRA.  It is an insurance we have bought once when our daughter needed
>insurance between the time she was out of college and got a job with
>insurance.  It is *very* expensive.
>
>IL Fltlndr@aol.com

I think Final Words is asking about traveler's insurance.  It is available
at all airports, and most life insurance companies.  AAA also offers short
term insurance for travelers.

Typically, traveler's insurance covers accident, sickness, personal
liability, and evacuation or search/rescue (for extra $$).

About 3 years ago, I was able to get it through Allstate for a trip through
Canada.  It was treated as a rider to our home/car insurance for a specific
term, in our case 3 months, and we paid a one-time fee  (about $90 for the
two of us).

Hope this helps,
Catherie

Lew and Catherine Middaugh