speak on, brother colin

was just reading through waldo's journal entries (waldo of cyber AT fame) and
came across a quote out of colin fletcher's 'the complete walker.  though i
haven't read his book, the quote really got to me as it puts eloquently into
words exactly my justification for going on a six month hike.

"For me, the whole thing touched bottom when I was gently accused of escapism
during a TV interview about a book I had written on a length-of-California
walk. Frankly, I fail to see how going for a
six-month, thousand-mile walk through deserts and mountains can be judged
less real than spending six months working eight hours a day, five days a
week, in order to earn enough money to be able to
come back to a comfortable home in the evening and sit in front of a TV
screen and watch the two-dimensional image of some guy talking about a book
he has written on a six-month, thousand-mile
walk through deserts and mountains." Colin Fletcher, "The Complete Walker
III".

i love it!
:)