Re: Packs

>I'm wondering what kind and size of packs most people used on the trail.  I
>understand that the Dana Design Terraplane is very popular but I don't
>really have that kind of money and no way to find one where I live.  I have
>been looking at a couple of 70-80 litre packs like the Arc'Teryx Bora 70
>and the Jack Wolfskin Pintigonia II (sp) are they big enough?
>
>Thanks,
>Brent
>bchan@vines.gems.gov.bc.ca

I certainly hope that the Bora 70 is big enough, as that is what I am
taking. I guess I will get some idea as to wether or not it is starting
tomorrow as I will be doing a section hike from Spivey Gap to Hot springs.
My pack is packed and it looks as though it will hold everything, I am a bit
dissapointed in the weight however as it weighs 43lbs with my food and
water. Mind you I am taking enough food for a fuul week as I am not the
fastest hiker in the world, but I was hoping to keep it lower than this. Oh
well, maybe I will learn a few things while I am out there and be able to
reduce the weight when I do my thru-hike next year.

E. George Oeser (aka Needles)
synergy@nc5.infi.net