Re: Need Advice/help

>Blake wrote:
>
>>I am not planning to definitly use another pair, but for the $$$ planning I
>>am adding an extra 200.00 for a second pair of boots if I need em.
>
>Are we talking about a thru-hike here?  I was under the impression that most
>(all?) boot makers would replace a pair of boots worn out on a thru-hike for
>free.  I've had a couple of thru-hikers tell me this, including cases where
>boots were shipped overnight to waiting hikers.  It seems that the makers
>don't want any bad publicity among a group that tests boots thoroughly and
>tells others what they find.  Maybe this is no longer the case; I'd be
>interested in what others have experienced.
>

>Bob Shroy
>ATTurtle@aol.com

If this is true hey, cool.  But keep in mind a new pair of boots is a pair
that is not yet broken in.  If your boots blow out on the AT, tat would
mean new boots when you get home.  I will look into this also.  Articles I
read said that lots of people buy a second pair on the trail.

                              Block@bastard.org
                                Blake Mayerle

"I'M A MAN WHO'S SICK- BUT I GOT CLASS
'COS YOU ONLY GET RESPECT- WHEN YOU'RE KICKIN ASS,"  KMFDM

"We Have Recieved Orders
 Not To Move,"  Barbara Kruger.

"Ignorance Is Your Religion,"  KMFDM