Re: Need Advice/help

Blake wrote:

>I am not planning to definitly use another pair, but for the $$$ planning I
>am adding an extra 200.00 for a second pair of boots if I need em.

Are we talking about a thru-hike here?  I was under the impression that most
(all?) boot makers would replace a pair of boots worn out on a thru-hike for
free.  I've had a couple of thru-hikers tell me this, including cases where
boots were shipped overnight to waiting hikers.  It seems that the makers
don't want any bad publicity among a group that tests boots thoroughly and
tells others what they find.  Maybe this is no longer the case; I'd be
interested in what others have experienced.

Bob Shroy
ATTurtle@aol.com