Re: 20\20 on the trail

>I'm curious to know if contact lenses are practical on the AT.  I
>currently wear Accuvue extended wear lenses, but don't like to leave them
>in for more than a couple of days.  Is it practical, with everything else
>hikers must worry about, to keep up with their requirements?

I wear the throw-aways. I leave them in for two weeks,then throw them away.
I would think if you were doing the entire trail, you could pick these up at
mail drops as well as keep a spare set in the pack. Just carry a little
re-wetting solution and you're set. I used to wear the extended wear lenses
but went to throwaways for about the same cost, maybe slightly more.

Pete Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com
broknspoke@aol.com