Re: Need Advice/help

>> Hello, I am new to this list and I need advice regarding my '97 through
>> hike.  I am trying to estimate cost of gear and I am racking my brain.  If
>> you could, please send me about haw much any of you spent on gear.  I know
>> that food and stuff is about $2000.00 and that is not bad.
>>
>>         Also, have any of you read the article in outside on the AT???  I
>> am wondering about the people who lived off candy bars the whole time.  Is
>> this a myth???  Would any of you tell someone to gain weight before the
>> hike???  Thanks.
>>

>> -Block-

>Blake;
> I been wondering that also. I know how much I spent on mine and my wifes'
> but I was curious what other people spend ? So far about $3000 for me alone.
>I also was wondering if this was a good place to post equipment lists. I
>would love to see what thru hikers really carried with them or potential
>thru hikers plan to carry.
>
>Thanks
>Sandy and Alison
>"The Smiths"
>GA to ME 97

Wow.  $3000.00  is lots diffrent from my cost so far.

Here is my list as of now

Sleeping bag
Tent
Pack
Water Puifer
Stove
mess kit
Gaitors
boots
Towel
Lantern
candles
poles
jacket
tarp
pack cover
water bottles
fuel bottels
med kit
knife
boots

I am adding to this list almost every day.  This is not including clothes.
My cost as of now is about $1700.00

                              Block@bastard.org
                                Blake Mayerle

"I'M A MAN WHO'S SICK- BUT I GOT CLASS
'COS YOU ONLY GET RESPECT- WHEN YOU'RE KICKIN ASS,"  KMFDM

We Have Recieved Orders
 Not To Move,"  Barbara Kruger.

"Ignorance Is Your Religion,"  KMFDM