RE: Yhah, boots.

> ... want to know how many people have experance (sic)
> in hiking in heavy boots???

I've got a pair of Limmer's, which are about as heavy as
boots get.  They're not my first choice when it comes to
putting in <insert _big_ number here> miles/day.  Above
treeline, in dicy weather, that's another story.  That's my
preference, though.  YMMV.

If you decide to go this route, make sure your boots are
thoroughly broken in before you start your thru hike.
A couple of weekend trips with a light pack won't cut it.

jim
jloudon@gic.gi.com

ps -- Ryan, as others have reported, I'm also having
      much better success with the patsy.hack.net address
      than with inc.net.