Re: Compression stuff sacks, et.al...

At 07:30 PM 4/18/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>   Leaving bags compressed in a stuff sack when not in use, also will
>>reduce the loft... I pull our bags (Holofill and Down) when not in use
>>and hang them in "spare" closet space... We've had our down bags for
>>over 20 years,
>>
>Would hanging a bag vertically let the fill settle down to the bottom a lot,
>or would it be negligible?  I've always laid my bag flat on the spare bed
>downstairs (where the cats don't go ;-) but wouldn't mind hanging it up in
>a closet out of the way.
  I know about cats (and sometimes dogs, gerbils.?) nesting in things,
that's why we hang things... I place the bags over sturdy wooden hangers,
and allow enough room between bags to prevent compression... Any settling
problems will be minor, I usually put bags in the Dryer on "Air Fluff" for
about 15 minutes before use....

>S. Schuyler Stultz

  take care,

 "WIXeR"  aka   Dick Wix