Re: Compression stuff sacks, et.al...

Schuyler Stultz writes:

> >   Leaving bags compressed in a stuff sack when not in use, also will reduce
> > the loft... I pull our bags (Holofill and Down) when not in use and hang
> > them in "spare" closet space... We've had our down bags for over 20 years,
> >

> Would hanging a bag vertically let the fill settle down to the bottom a lot,
> or would it be negligible?  I've always laid my bag flat on the spare bed
> downstairs (where the cats don't go ;-) but wouldn't mind hanging it up in
> a closet out of the way.

Stores all hang them that way, although space could be the reason.
Nevertheless, I can't imagine a bag being so fragile or sensitive,
given the use it gets in the woods, as to make much of a difference.

Along the same lines, I've put my bag over a clothes line in
the basement for years. I've wondered about the pressure at the point
of the rope doing some damage (I have never experienced any so far).

Dick

Richard Hihn			Phone:(518) 584-5000 (x2609)
Department of Music
Skidmore College
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866	Email:rhihn@bart.skidmore.edu

End of network mail