Re: Compression stuff sacks, et.al...

> Would hanging a bag vertically let the fill settle down to the bottom a
> lot, or would it be negligible?  I've always laid my bag flat on the
> spare bed downstairs (where the cats don't go ;-) but wouldn't mind
> hanging it up in a closet out of the way.
>
> --
> S. Schuyler Stultz              Recognition Research Inc.
> schuyler@rrinc.com              1872 Pratt Drive Suite 1200
> (540) 231-6500                  Blacksburg, VA 24060

Bags are divided into internal compartments to to prevent settling.  The
baffles between compartments are made of very thin material, and the ones
in down bags can get ripped apart during improper washing/drying
procedures, by heavy clumps of wet feathers bouncing around.  Hanging a bag
should cause no problem; if the filling appears to settle, reverse the ends.

--  Frank  reid@indiana.edu