RE: North Face

>> I am planning my 97' through hike and I have not heard many people talking
>> about North face gear???  I am planning to buy my tent, pack and bag from
>> them.  If you have opnions on them I would like to hear from you.  Thanks.
>>
>> -blake-
>
>The North Face tent I bought in 1969 and used it heavily was retired this
>year only because the rain fly disintegrated from sun exposure.  I gave it
>to a seamstress who is building a new fly.  The point is, NF used good
>material.  It's far superior to the Korean stuff that REI's cheap line of
>tents are made of, which feels brittle and smells of chemicals.
>
>--  Frank  reid@indiana.edu
WOW, that sounds great, but is the quality the same???  I hope I get that
much use from the one I am getting.  Thanks.

                              Block@bastard.org
                                Blake Mayerle

"I'M A MAN WHO'S SICK- BUT I GOT CLASS
'COS YOU ONLY GET RESPECT- WHEN YOU'RE KICKIN ASS,"  KMFDM

We Have Recieved Orders
 Not To Move,"  Barbara Kruger.

"Ignorance Is Your Religion,"  KMFDM