Re: Need Advice/help

//--- forwarded letter -------------------------------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 96 15:14:04 -0500
> From: block@bastard.org
> To: "Multiple recipients of list" <at-l@patsy.hack.net>
> Subject: Need Advice/help

> Hello, I am new to this list and I need advice regarding my '97 through
> hike.  I am trying to estimate cost of gear and I am racking my brain.  If
> you could, please send me about haw much any of you spent on gear.  I know
> that food and stuff is about $2000.00 and that is not bad.
>
>         Also, have any of you read the article in outside on the AT???  I
> am wondering about the people who lived off candy bars the whole time.  Is
> this a myth???  Would any of you tell someone to gain weight before the
> hike???  Thanks.
>

> -Block-
>

>                               Block@bastard.org
>                                 Blake Mayerle
>
> "I'M A MAN WHO'S SICK- BUT I GOT CLASS
> 'COS YOU ONLY GET RESPECT- WHEN YOU'RE KICKIN ASS,"  KMFDM
>

> We Have Recieved Orders
>  Not To Move,"  Barbara Kruger.
>

> "Ignorance Is Your Religion,"  KMFDM

Blake;
 I been wondering that also. I know how much I spent on mine and my wifes'
 but I was curious what other people spend ? So far about $3000 for me alone.
I also was wondering if this was a good place to post equipment lists. I
would love to see what thru hikers really carried with them or potential
thru hikers plan to carry.

Thanks
Sandy and Alison
"The Smiths"