Re: Questions about the AT... (fwd)

Are you thinking of Chestnut Knob Shelter with views into Burkes Garden
valley and the Beartown Wilderness?  There is on old cabin there leftover
from the fire watching days.  I think it was renovatede in late 94 or
early 95--at least after I came through in early June 94.  The renovation
was covered in an article in AT News last year I believe.  I didn't see
the mist, but witnessed one of the most glorious sunsets that night, with
light just bouncing off the surrounding hills and darkness creeping into
the valley below.

Hope this helps.

Tara
Trail Snail  GA>Harpers Ferry<ME 94