RE: North Face

> I am planning my 97' through hike and I have not heard many people talking
> about North face gear???  I am planning to buy my tent, pack and bag from
> them.  If you have opnions on them I would like to hear from you.  Thanks.
>
> -blake-

The North Face tent I bought in 1969 and used it heavily was retired this
year only because the rain fly disintegrated from sun exposure.  I gave it
to a seamstress who is building a new fly.  The point is, NF used good
material.  It's far superior to the Korean stuff that REI's cheap line of
tents are made of, which feels brittle and smells of chemicals.

--  Frank  reid@indiana.edu