Re: hi !

> Chip, before you abandon this opportunity, see if you can't come up with a
> *really* good excuse for why you can start in October instead of August.

This is excellent (seriously!) advice. If the prospective employer is
really interested, they'll make the accomodation.  Worked for me :-)

One suggestion I'd make, though, is to not make an excuse -- tell the
truth.  It's been my experience that employers appreciate being dealt
with honestly (they're people too).  Maybe I've just been lucky.  YMMV.

Ultimately, as Jim said, they're your priorities -- what do you really want
to do?
Once you decide, you'll know...

jim
jloudon@gic.gi.com