RE: hi! (finding time to hike)

> Easy on the "edu." domain....only two more
> weeks and iam out there in  your world!

That's okay, we won't hold it against you :-)

I was just trying to point out that the expectations
one might find within the academic community
are not necessarily shared by the world at large.
There is a major flame fest in progress on another
mailing list to which I subscribe. The target of the
flamethrowers is a university prof who presented
himself as an authority in a particular field, then
proceeded to make his point by presenting faulty
data.

I try to avoid flames, but when I see unsupported
overgeneralizations, I ask questions :-)

Back to the subject at hand...yes, finding time is
difficult.  That's part of why a thru hike is so special.

jim
jloudon@gic.gi.com