Re: water proofing a sleeping bag

Jeff Mosenkis writes:

(excellent comments about VBL's deleted)

Yes, I thought about those when I was responding to the original post.
These would certainly do the trick from the inside, but I imagine
would not prevent the bag from retaining outside moisture.

> By the way, the same holds true for boots.  Try putting a plastic bag
> between your sock liner and the sock.

I've done this many times on winter hikes and it works great, as long
as I'm moving.

Dick

P.S. I'd be interested in hearing any answers you get regarding
Adirondack conditions!

Richard Hihn			Phone:(518) 584-5000 (x2609)
Department of Music
Skidmore College
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866	Email:rhihn@bart.skidmore.edu

End of network mail