Re: Leave of absence from work to hike

In a message dated 96-04-16 00:43:15 EDT, tfort@felix.TECLink.Net (tfort)
writes:

>Has anyone ever gone to their employer and ask for an eight month leave of
>absense?  And, not been laughed out of the office.  Are our only options to
>either quit or retire?

I haven't asked yet, but I have gotten the President of the company to become
a member of the ATC!!  We talk hiking every once in a great while.  He
*might* even end up on this mailing list (maybe he's reading this).  He is
following the journey of the Kushman's on the AT Home Page since I brought it
to his attention.

Now......If one of these days I can just ask for that 6-8 months off!!!!!!

IL Fltlndr@aol.com  (Alice)