water proofing a sleeping bag

I have a water Proofing question for the group.

Four years ago, I bought a Down Mummy bag from LL Bean.  So far It has been
a great bag that I've enjoyed having.  It has all the benifits of down :
light-weight, compressable, and warm (my favorite).  Being from Bean, the
quality has yet to fail me.  It does, however, have one small problem.  It
has a tendancy to get a little moist in high humidity.  Not a lot, mind you,
but just enough to let me know its there.  I know that Bean has fixed this
problem with there newer versions.  So, I called them.  They were no help.

Does anyone know of a material, and, its source, I could use to better
water-proof the bag?  Without ruining the material!   I've thought about
scotch-guard, available at any local super-market.  Any Ideas?

thanks !!

t.