Natural Bridge ATC?

Is there anyone on the list from the Natural Bridge ATC in central
Virginia? If so, I just wanted to pass along a compliment, and a gripe.

Compliment: Just finished a really nice 22-mile overnight, southbound from
US 60 to the James River. The trail was beautifully maintained, with a lot
of careful drainage and design, and in great shape. Keep up the good work!

Gripe: Spent the night at Punchbowl Shelter. Beautiful spot, and the
treefrogs from around the pond sang us to sleep. But I was a little irked
by the club member (?) in charge of the shelter register. He (she?) is
apparently a Jehovah's Witness, and the register was interlarded with
religious proselytizing, and numerous Jehovah's Witness brochures were
scattered around the shelter. If this were a hostel, it would be
understandable. But it's a shelter in the wilderness. The voice of the
divine was plenty loud from the bushes around the pond.

Robert Rubin
RHYMWORM@nando.net

"You must not mind me, madam; I say
strange things, but I mean no harm." -- Samuel Johnson