Re: Candy Bars as Trail Food

> I am wondering about the people who lived off candy bars the whole time.
 Is this a myth???  Would any of you tell someone to gain weight before the
hike???

I know Warren Doyle to have lived off Snickers bars during an AT hike. While
his advice on the psychological side of the AT experience--a leading cause of
not completing a thru-hike--is on target, I wouldn't ever emulate his eating
habits at home or on the trail. I also wouldn't gain too much weight ahead of
time. Most men loose pounds and inches and most women loose inches and stay
at nearly the same weight or even gain weight, but this isn't enough reason
to start laying in a layer of fat before a hike.

Good luck and happy trails,

FrankLogue@aol.com