Need Advice/help

Hello, I am new to this list and I need advice regarding my '97 through
hike.  I am trying to estimate cost of gear and I am racking my brain.  If
you could, please send me about haw much any of you spent on gear.  I know
that food and stuff is about $2000.00 and that is not bad.

        Also, have any of you read the article in outside on the AT???  I
am wondering about the people who lived off candy bars the whole time.  Is
this a myth???  Would any of you tell someone to gain weight before the
hike???  Thanks.

-Block-

                              Block@bastard.org
                                Blake Mayerle

"I'M A MAN WHO'S SICK- BUT I GOT CLASS
'COS YOU ONLY GET RESPECT- WHEN YOU'RE KICKIN ASS,"  KMFDM

We Have Recieved Orders
 Not To Move,"  Barbara Kruger.

"Ignorance Is Your Religion,"  KMFDM