Re: yummy packs

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, william lee steele wrote:

> Mountainsmith packs are the B - E - S - T !!!!! I have one and will have
> mine buried with me when i croke! I highly recommend em...

I was sucked in by all the neat gadgets and ended up selling mine in
disgust.  Aside from all the stuff to go wrong mechanically (I have the
old suspension, before they simplified it with the measuring tape, and
counted 20 buckles to adjust in the suspension), I just couldn't get the
hip belt to fit me (and I worked in outdoor retail, fitting packs for a
living).  I found this with a number of people, the mountainsmith
hipbelts just wouldn't  fit right.  I have since got a Gregory and am
pretty happy with it (I have only use it for a week or so on the trail so
far, but I'm hopefully taking it out this weekend).

Also, be warned that they are _very_ slow with warentee service.

They are good for some, but many people just can't get a good fit.

just my 46 Dinars
-jeff

Jeff Mosenkis,
University at Albany - Psych, Anthro, Judaic Studies

jm1360@cnsvax.albany.edu

"Welcome to the psychotherapy hotline.  If you are obsessive-compulsive,
please press '1' repeatedly.  If you are co-dependant, please have someone
else press '2' for you.  If you have multiple-personality disorder, please
press '4', '5', and '6'.  If you are paranoid, don't press anything, we know
where you are and what you want."