Re: Helpful motels along the AT

Gateway Motel at Wind Gap, PA, was really nice to the three of us.  We
got there about 9:30pm in the middle of a thunderstorm, and the person
who checked us in ordered us two HUGE pizzas, no questions asked.  He
also gave us a ride the next day (Saturday) up to Delaware Water Gap,
so we could get our maildrops;  since we were hiking in on late Saturday,
we would have had to lay over an extra day for the PO to open. It was
somewhat strange going up to the next town, and then coming back, and then
hiking up to it again....
                              Marshall
                              "Tarkus"